Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Access denied when reinstalling Mint

mediapr
Minted
Posted on May 19, '12 at 11:33 am

I’ve read the previous forum posts on this subject, carefully reviewed the input information, and even tried some creative variations. I may be missing something but would be grateful for any help.

The one thing I see that may be affecting this is that MySQL has 2 databases for the site, mediapr_wrdp1 and mediapr_wrdp2 but the wp-config.php file only shows the mediapr_wrdp2. When I look at the MYSQL admin in cPanel the site pages, etc that need to be tracked cross both DBs. Is it possible that I need to show both in the Mint array?

The link to the exact error message is: http://media-proinc.com/mint

The settings in my wp-config.php file are:

/** The name of the database for WordPress */ define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘mediapr_wrdp2’);

/** MySQL database username */ define(‘DB_USER’, ‘mediapr_wrdp2’);

/** MySQL database password / define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘*******’);

/** MySQL hostname */ define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘localhost’);

The mint db.php file reads:

$Mint = new Mint (array ( ( ‘server’ => ‘tor1.bhservers.net’, ‘username’ => ‘mediapr_wrdp2’, ‘password’ => ‘********’, ‘database’ => ‘mediapr_wrdp2’, ‘tblPrefix’ => ‘mint_’

Thanks in advance.

John

B.W.
Minted
Posted on May 21, '12 at 04:21 am

First, you really, really, really, really never should post any passwords on the Internet. Never. Not even if asked for. Especially if asked for. Never.

And to your problem: the database is on “localhost”, as you can see in the WordPress configuration, but you set the server to “tor1.bhservers.net”.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account