Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Avoid self referrer

Hi.

How is possible to avoid my own site to be recorded as a referrer for the viewed pages in the “Referrers” pane ? I already have these stats in the “Pages” pane, so it’s not needed in the other one. http://cl.ly/1APS

Thank’s ! Thibaut

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jun 07, '10 at 11:17 am

Properly configured Mint should not track the local domain as an external referrer. Your screenshot is too closely cropped to illustrate your question.

Where is Mint installed? On a subdomain? What domain is it tracking? (use abbreviations if you don’t want to publicly name the site, eg. wc.com or dat.be?) If the server is misreporting the installation location to Mint it may get confused about what is a local referrer and what is external.

ghost
Minted
Posted on Jun 14, '10 at 01:35 pm

My mint install suddenly started tracking myself visiting as well. It had not up untill now. I haven’t changed any configurations or installed any new peppers. I’m not accesing from the local server however.

I thought this was a related issue.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account