Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Latest Mint 1.x secure

vitch
Minted
Posted on May 26, '10 at 05:11 am

Hi,

I use mint on a few sites I have built. I’ve been perfectly happy with mint 1 (they are pretty old sites) and so have never upgraded to mint 2.x.

However, one of these sites has been hacked and had malware JS includes added in. While trying to figure out how this happened I thought I should check all third party packages that could potentially have security holes and let the intruder in. Best practice is to keep all third party tools up to date so you get any security fixes from them.

So I have a couple of questions.

1) Is 1.29 the latest 1.X version of mint (sorry, can’t find anything about version 1 on this site any more). 2) Are there any known security holes with mint or any peppers? 3) Is 1.X still maintained at all (e.g. from a security perspective) or is the only option to pay to upgrade?

Thanks!

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jun 07, '10 at 11:20 am

Mint 1.31 is the latest version of Mint 1 at this time of writing. In over 5 years of use, to my knowledge (and I would hear about it!), Mint has never been the attack vector for an exploit.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account