Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Repeat referrers don't make sense

I’ve been using Mint for years (since ‘05), and keeping it updated. I’m currently running 2.17 (which is not the latest, but this problem’s been around for at least a year or two).

I think the repeat referrers tab is completely whacked out. Here are some screenshots: supermegaultragroovy.com/img/drop/mint1.png supermegaultragroovy.com/img/drop/mint2.png supermegaultragroovy.com/img/drop/mint3.png supermegaultragroovy.com/img/drop/mint4.png supermegaultragroovy.com/img/drop/mint5.png supermegaultragroovy.com/img/drop/mint6.png

If you open those images in separate tabs in your browser, and switch between the tabs (the images are of the 2h, 4h, 8h, 24h, 48h, 72h periods), you’ll note that a lot of the referrers disappear.

For instance, the #1 referrer in 2h (realtraps.com/art_room-setup.htm, with 9 referrals) doesn’t appear in the 4h results—even though it has 9 referrals. In the 8h time period, you see an entry for google.com/ig with 20 hits, but it’s lost in the 24h time period, and never appears in the 2h or 4h time periods.

I couldn’t tell you when this started happening. I want to say, “it never worked”, because I can’t really remember when it ever worked properly.

I’ve got data going back to Sep ‘05, so I really would prefer not to reset my database.

Any ideas what’s going on?

riot
Minted
Posted on May 25, '10 at 11:49 pm

I have this same issue and really need a way to fix it!

I’m also seeing this kind of behavior, for many months now. I had worried it was just something to do with my server configuration, but seeing other people with the same issues makes me wonder if something changed in Mint?

i’m wondering if this issue is related to higher traffic websites? i notice the same issue for one of our high traffic mint installations but the issue doesn’t present itself to some of our smaller traffic websites.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jun 07, '10 at 11:07 am

Irregular numbers like this are most likely result of moving from a 32-bit server to a 64-bit server (an upgrade your host may perform without informing you).

You can use this script to change the problem columns to the correct sign and update their content’s checksums for the new server architecture (just upload the unzipped script to your Mint directory and visit it in a browser).

i had the same issue as i moved to the new server a few days ago…. I ran the script. Do i need to keep the file there or delete it after the script ran ?

It worked Beautifully by the way!!!

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jun 09, '10 at 10:21 am

You can delete the script after it runs.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account