Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Preferences panel not loading after upgrade

I upgraded to 2.18 and ever since, the preferences pane is not loading completely. Everything else about Mint is working fine. flickr.com/photos/metsgrrl/4544126654/sizes/l

When I click on ‘done’ i get a js error telling me I need to wait for the page to load completely. Even if I leave it sitting there for an hour, nothing happens.

I tried to install the pepper for the Ego iphone app, and thought it might be the problem, so I removed the directory for it completely, and the problem is still occurring.

Any help appreciated.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 27, '10 at 09:27 am

You probably have a duplicate Pepper in your /pepper/ directory. You can find it manually or add &errors to your Preferences url for a hint from generic PHP error messages.

Sorry it took me so long to come back. The error I get with &errors is:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SI_Default in /www/eh10157/public_html/mint/pepper/shauninman/default_old/class.php on line 2360

I don’t have many/any ‘extra’ peppers installed, and I can’t see where the error is.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jul 06, '10 at 08:28 am

You have a duplicate Default Pepper somewhere in your /pepper/ directory (probably in a folder named default_old from your last update). Delete it and Preferences will work.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account