Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

One post on my blog isn't recording hits

This is a very peculiar problem; Mint seems to be working fine, except for on the blog post I made today: broken-links.com/2008/02/29/three-thing … firefox-31

No hits are being recorded from it, but I know for certain that people are visiting. Every other post records as expected.

Could this be something to do with the length of the filename? Or the date???

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 03, '08 at 03:24 pm

Your server is returning a “406 Request not acceptable” when Mint tries to record traffic to that post (possibly because of the apostrophe in the page title). This is likely a conflict with mod_security. Try adding the following to an .htaccess file in your Mint directory (if one does not already exist, create it):

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

That seems to have done the trick. Many thanks!

Thanks, Shaun. I think that worked. Had to try it a few different ways, but it’s working now.

And it was just a strange coincidence that my old host was the same as the host of the plugin. And apparently the plugin site had issues. But that was confusing the heck out of me. Thanks.

opi532pixel
Mint-less
Posted on Nov 08, '10 at 02:21 pm

hi got the same problem : with #Mint:Debug apache reply by a 406 error.

mod_security was not the source.

my problem was that my tag was after my tag, and my tag contains stuff like & or dashes…

2 hours to find that, ***** !!

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account