Switching hosts? How to move Mint
- Update to the latest version of Mint (always available in the Account Center)
- (Optional) If you’re also changing your domain name you should transfer your license to the new domain.
- Export your current Mint database using a tool like PhpMyAdmin (make sure you get both tables,
mint_visit, plus any tables that might have been created by third-party Pepper). If you use mysqldump to export your database be careful, the newer versions will not retain
auto_increment columns (required for Mint to work correctly). I have not discovered a solution to this problem yet.
- Import the Mint database into your new database (again, using PhpMyAdmin)
- Upload Mint to the new server (don’t forget to update
/mint/config/db.php with your new database connection settings or copy over any additional Pepper you’ve installed) and visit
/mint/?moved to let Mint know that it has been moved so it can get its bearings on the new server.
You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account