Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

MySpace Pepper

barkerja
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 13, '08 at 10:37 pm

Was curious if anyone had any suggestions for further development of this pepper?

Silent7
Minted
Posted on Mar 27, '08 at 12:08 pm

So is this supposed to download the PNG or not?

Im on the media temple grid server silent7.com/mint/pepper/johnbarker/myspace/register.png

?

• Jeff
barkerja
Posted on Apr 01, '08 at 03:52 am

No, it should not be downloading. Visit http://blog.ninedays.org/2007/12/01/upd … ker-pepper for a fix.

When I find the time to release another update, this will be included.

Daniel
Minted
Posted on Apr 03, '08 at 04:53 pm

Hi barkerja,

I do have some suggestions!

Like I’ve written here in the comments I’m using your pepper with Terri’s changes to track the hits to my last.fm-profile.

It would be cool if we could choose what kind of profile we’d like to track (MySpace, last.fm and all the others that allow us to include images hosted on our servers) and get some additional info, like the page they’re viewing.

The city-lookup is not working for me, but I’m outside the US so this may be related.

The last (not .fm ;-) ) thing: it would be great if the ignore-cookie would be recognized to stop tracking own hits.

Thanks!

barkerja
Posted on Apr 04, '08 at 01:35 am

@daniel,

First thanks for using the Pepper!

To address your first thing, yes indeed this can be used with practically any profile. I guess I could implement one of two things, either allow for the addition of your own site profiles and it automatically create everything needed for it or have a pre-set choices of popular sites to choose from. I’m guessing the first. :)

Secondly, the ignore-cookie I never even thought of. I will look into it this weekend.

Thanks!

Daniel
Minted
Posted on Apr 06, '08 at 04:48 am

Yea, the first solution would be the best indeed!

If you’ll need someone to help you with testing I’ll be glad to do that!

Daniel
Minted
Posted on Apr 17, '08 at 07:26 am

One more thing…. :-)

I’ve noticed that the first hit is counted as “0”, the second as “1” and so on

barkerja
Posted on Apr 20, '08 at 07:04 am

Hey everyone.

Okay, so the holdup for the next version release has been my inapt ability to find a reasonable way of locating correct “locations” for IPs.

I believe I’ve solved my problem which lies within Till Krüss’ new Location+ pepper. He uses a database called MaxMind which is very accurate. The only downside is it is very memory hungry.

I’m working to see if I can’t figure out a way to alleviate the large usage of memory or if this is even an issue on such a low-scale of usage. I’ll give an update soon, and thanks for using!

barkerja
Posted on Apr 20, '08 at 05:57 pm

@Daniel,

You must have an old version, I fixed this in a newer release.

That fix at ninedays is a little confusing. I can’t find the .htaccess file anywhere.

Albo
Minted
Posted on Dec 15, '08 at 04:55 pm

I didn’t understood yet what is a pepper. Should you explain to me what is a pepper please ? thank you.

Daniel
Minted
Posted on Jul 27, '10 at 01:57 pm

@barkerja - are you still around here? Your website isn’t working anymore…

I’m looking for a way to show the url of the location the register.png has been called from… (as discussed earlier)

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account