Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Older | Newer   Pages 13 4 5

Crawlers Pepper

dabe
Minted
Posted on Mar 13, '08 at 06:36 am

hi mls, i’ve got the same FATAL ERROR problem. sometimes it works well, and sometimes not. i’ve also got the problem, that there are some FATAL ERROR in the Google descriptions caused by this pepper: google.de/search?q=site%3Aacquiredgroov … =firefox-a

dabe

p.s.: i’m using wordpress

mls
Minted
Posted on Apr 06, '08 at 02:44 pm

I haven’t really touched this pepper in about a year, but recently I started working on a new version. I’ve added some new tabs with more detailed information. I’m looking at possible Doorbell integration and then I’ll put the new version out for release.

If anyone has some features they’d like to see I’m open for a suggestions. I’ll try to keep this pepper updated more frequently from now on.

Minted
Posted on May 14, '08 at 06:23 am

Solution for Drupal:

Putting the

require_once(“./mint/pepper/mlslatest/crawlers/tracker.php”);

at the beginning of the bootstrap,inc file seams to make crawlers work in Drupal. This is a modification of a core file, so it’s not realy recommended, but if you’re desperate…

(I also tried putting it at the beginning of page.tpl.php. This worked fine when viewing the page with Safari (mac) but for some reason gave an error when using Firefox (mac). Strange…)

I am working on a Drupal module which will give Crawler support to the core Mint Drupal module

Any ideas on how you would implement this for a rails site?

It’s simple to include a JS so you can track people. Good thing mint works this way.

I’m thinking I need to write a rails filter that does what RecordCrawlers() does and insert records into the database direct. Would this bypass anything though, looking at the code I don’t think it does.

Ideas?

Sam Parkinson
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 15, '09 at 07:02 pm

Anyone know where I can get a copy of this great pepper, it seems that the domain wasn’t renewed :/

Sam Parkinson
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 19, '09 at 06:07 am

Ok i found it on the web archive :P

If you want to download it I’m storing a copy here:

https://xseria.com/files/public/downloa … s_v070.zip

I have installed this pepper..and can’t seem to get it to track any bots at all,.i’m using it in wordpress and have it in my header.php between the head tags…anyone else have any other ideas?

mavrick
Minted
Posted on Jul 01, '09 at 10:11 pm

What is the progress on this? :)

Ack, Now i have the fatal error. Help.

Crawler Pepper has gone sour on ExpressionEngine v2 - i get this error in Safari

“Safari can’t open the page “http://thomaswinterstetter.com/photo/”. The error is: “cannot decode raw data” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1015) Please choose Safari > Report Bugs to Apple, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.”

i use this code in EE’s index.php:

“require_once($_SERVER[“DOCUMENT_ROOT”].’/mint/pepper/mlslatest/crawlers/tracker.php”

any advice, please?

Also, is there an alternative to this pepper - anything you recommend, shaun?

dead!

Older | Newer   Pages 13 4 5

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account