Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Traffic threshold pepper

gregr
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 22, '11 at 06:44 pm

Hey all…I recently discovered Mint and I’m loving it!

I just wrote a pepper which will alert you via email if you get more than N page views in a minute. The idea being if you get an unexpected traffic spike, you might want to know sooner rather than later.

This uses a shared memory segment to make it as fast as possible; only the config settings are written to the Mint database. When you install it, the pepper tries its best to test and make sure it’s going to be able to work, and will give you a message in the preference pane if not.

If you want to give it a try and give me some feedback, a 0.90 version is here: rassoc.com/gregr/samples/trafficthreshold-090.zip

Unzip to your pepper folder, and install from the Mint preferences.

Let me know how it works for you!

gregr
Posted on Apr 26, '11 at 12:20 pm

This is now up to 1.00, so I’ve deleted the old download mentioned above. More info is here: rassoc.com/gregr/weblog/2011/04/26/traf … mint-stats

With any luck, this should be in the peppermill in the next few days; in the meantime, you can get it from my site!

gregr
Posted on May 05, '11 at 04:26 pm

great idea. thanks for this..

SEP
Minted
Posted on Jun 13, '11 at 10:40 pm

Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account