Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Location+ suddenly causing Mint to stop tracking? Why?

JCFP
Minted
Posted on Mar 19, '10 at 08:37 am

Yesterday, for some unknown reasons, Mint stopped tracking incoming traffics on my site. The culprit turned out to be Location+. I tried upgrading from v1.12 to v1.13, but this did not fix the problem. Uninstalling Locations+ immediately fixed the problem.

What is so strange here is that NEITHER I nor my Hosting Service changed ANY configuration of the server or Mint. Hours before, Location+ was working fine, then it abruptly stopped.

Till and other users:

Is there a TIMER like function built in Location+ that can cause this failure? I don’t suspect that it is related to the switching to daylight saving.

Is there a “time trial” like function built in Locations+ that can cause this failure?

For those that experience a similar problem.

1. Made sure the latest database.dat update had the correct permissions 644 (/mint/pepper/tillkruess/locationsplus)

2. Changed Secret Crush to identify visitors by IP Address only.

3. Checked it out and Locations+ seemed to work after that.

4. I changed Secret Crush back to identifying visitors by Name, Hostname and IP Address and it continued to work.

I really don’t know why, but this worked for me and I hope it helps someone else out.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account