Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Nametags? Where'd it go?

Nametags was one of my favorite peppers. Unlike the new ‘crush’ pepper by shaun, you could set a CUSTOM tag in nametags - such as the cookie for a MediaWiki username. The only link around was in the old forums; anybody have it saved somewhere? Or is the developer around?

uFx
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 03:30 pm

You can download the current version from: http://mint.ufx.nl

Within a few days I will release a 2.0 compatible version with some new nifty features.

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 04:05 pm

Nice uFx, look forward to any updates!

Cool UFx looking forward to the new version. still not totally convinced by crushes nor shauns tactics in developing peppers so close to 3rd party ones.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 05:21 pm

David, I really hope you’re not implying that I’ve taken code from existing third-party Pepper. Secret Crush was around before Mint was Mint. Bird Feeder was done before Feedback was announced.

I’ve decided to release these Pepper with Mint 2 so that Mint’s users would have official support for Pepper that more closely match the fit and finish of Mint.

Not implying your stealing code at all. Hell I just paid you another $38 to use mint 2.0 If I thought you were being totally underhanded I wouldn’t have upgraded.

I’m not a pepper developer so its not sour grapes on my part. I just see “official” peppers coming out after 3rd party ones that do a very similar job and wonder if it wouldn’t have been better to work with the original developers.

As I said I’m still not convinced by crushes. and uFx is still developing nametags so maybe competition is a good thing.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account