Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

[Twitter Pepper] Suggestions and wishes

Till
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Jan 08, '08 at 10:43 am

hey there,

what would you exactly like to see in the Twitter Pepper.

• Update your status?
  • Tweets per Hour/Day/Week/Month?
  • Lastest @replies?
  • Top @replies?
Ronald Heft
Posted on Jan 08, '08 at 01:28 pm

I’m mainly interested in: Tweets per Hour/Day/Week/Month

I’m interested in all of the above but if I had to choose a critical part I would have to agree with Ronald.

I’d be more interested in seeing tweets linking to the site on which mint is installed. Mint is, after all, for stats about the site it’s installed on; not stats about your life in general (though perhaps something similar to mint, a meMint, for your own web stats would be interesting).

Maybe, if there was a referral to your site from a given tweet; then show that tweet and the thread of all replies to it and replies to those replies and so on (so you could see conversations about things in your site on twitter)?

I ditto what ellottcable says: more info about incoming links via tweets.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jan 10, '08 at 06:19 pm

I’m not sure this additional request makes a whole lot of sense. Links on Twitter are like any other referral. If they make up a considerable amount of traffic they will show up in the Repeat Referrers and Referrers by Domain—and at the very least in your Newest Unique Referrers.

I don’t speak for Till but tracking discussion about a link on Twitter would take far more effort than its worth considering that most links are converted to tinyurls (making it impossible to identify the target of the link without fetching and following the redirect) and the low frequency of prolonged conversation about any given link.

grettir
Minted
Posted on Jan 11, '08 at 01:20 am

Since my only reason for tracking stats in the first place is to feed my insatiable ego, I’d love to be able to track the following me-centric Twitter stats:

• Number of people following me. (Both the current total and trending over time.) Is it still just my weird cousin Ernie from Duluth or has my Mom started following me, too?

• Relative popularity of people following me. Am I being followed by the likes of Merlin Mann (5,663 followers) or is Ernie (0 followers) more indicative of my audience?

• Which of my tweets have been “favorited” by others? (Both a running list and the Top 10.) Ernie likes my stuff, but Mom has always been a tough audience.

It may not even be possible to extract this type of data and/or Mint might not be the right place for it, but I’m just spitballing here…

circa1977
Posted on Jan 12, '08 at 01:42 pm

Till: Are you planning on hitting Twitter in real-time for stats? Or caching them locally in Mint?

Till
Posted on Jan 12, '08 at 01:44 pm

one time import and continuing checks.

shokk
Posted on Jan 14, '08 at 09:54 pm

Status update is as simple as using your Jabber client. Aren’t “Tweets per Hour” “Lastest @replies” “Top @replies” things that are available through an RSS feed?

Till
Posted on Jan 15, '08 at 03:44 am

shokk, I don’t get the point.

Till
Posted on Jan 22, '08 at 06:23 am

Now I get it. “Tweets per Hour” and “Top @replies” aren’t available through an RSS feed.

Anyone with a lot of Tweets who would like to test my pepper?

Chris24
Minted
Posted on Jan 22, '08 at 08:11 pm

I’ll give it a test run if you’d like. I’m at 10600 tweets, so i’m sure that’s enough ;)

I’m Chris24 on Twitter. :)

Till
Posted on Jan 23, '08 at 08:42 am

I need you’re help because I can’t decide.

• A tab with the most used ‘sources’ (web, im, twitterrific, etc)
  • Use Mint’s or Twitter’s time?
  • A tab with the most people replied to?
Chris24
Minted
Posted on Jan 26, '08 at 12:39 am

I’d really like a tab with the most people replied to. That’d be really neat.

shokk
Posted on Feb 02, '08 at 09:28 am

This probably belongs in the troubleshooting section, but I see the following when Tweets is installed and not after I immediately uninstall it.

Notice: Undefined index: uFx_aliasid in /web/dir/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/nametags/class.php on line 621

Notice: Undefined index: uFx_update_all_aliases in /web/dir/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/nametags/class.php on line 633

Notice: Undefined index: uFx_addalias in /web/dir/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/nametags/class.php on line 652

Notice: Undefined index: uFx_favorite in /web/dir/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/nametags/class.php on line 674

Notice: Undefined variable: uFx_aliases in /web/dir/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/nametags/class.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined index: uFx_favorite in /web/dir/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/nametags/class.php on line 701

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/dir/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/nametags/class.php:621) in /web/dir/mint/app/lib/mint.php on line 2476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/dir/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/nametags/class.php:621) in /web/dir/mint/app/lib/mint.php on line 2476

Till
Posted on Feb 02, '08 at 10:27 am

Tweets “shows” these errors, but they all belong to the NameTags Pepper.

shokk
Posted on Feb 03, '08 at 09:33 am

Indeed, uninstalling NameTags gets rid of most of those errors. I still get there which come from BlogComments.

Notice: Undefined variable: gens in /web/shokk/mint/pepper/ronaldheft/blogcomments/class.php on line 117

Notice: Undefined variable: langs in /web/shokk/mint/pepper/ronaldheft/blogcomments/class.php on line 126

I’ll follow up there. Thanks!

shokk
Posted on Feb 03, '08 at 09:44 am

Spoke too soon. My previous post was about being in the preferences pane, which I never got past before uninstalling Tweets. Once I get out of the preferences pane, back to Mint view, i get these errors in other peppers and then my Mint page forwards to the Twitter page. There seems to be a conflict between Tweets and these others. Disabling Tweets makes everything go back to normal.

Sparks…. Notice: Undefined variable: hourString in /web/dir/mint/pepper/colbymakowsky/sparks/class.php on line 184

Refresh Pepper… Notice: Undefined variable: cache_time in /web/dir/mint/pepper/ernieoporto/prank/pagerank.php on line 131

Technorati… Notice: Undefined index: inboundblogs in /web/dir/mint/pepper/davidbillingham/technorati/class.php on line 314

GeoMint…. Notice: Undefined variable: daysDisplay_query in /web/dir/mint/pepper/clupprich/geomint/class.php on line 491

Error Tracker… Notice: Undefined index: query in /web/dir/mint/pepper/xhtmled/errortracker/class.php on line 285

Vigraph… Notice: Undefined variable: cookieArray in /web/dir/mint/pepper/sebastianmueller/vigraph/javascript.php on line 4

Till
Posted on Feb 04, '08 at 06:37 am

Latest beta release: http://pepper.pralinenschachtel.de/download/tweets_v2

What about average tweet length or most used words? I need more useless ideas.

shokk
Posted on Feb 10, '08 at 10:38 am

This one works much better! No errors from the other peppers now.

However, when I click on some of the tabs in the Tweets pepper, the Mint login box appears briefly and then redirects to the Mint login page where I have to login again. However, it works on the main Recent tab, so I think it’s safe for me to keep it active.

shokk
Posted on Feb 10, '08 at 12:01 pm

Oh, and check out this site for some example stats for Tweet… http://tweetstats.com/status/shokk

Till
Posted on Feb 11, '08 at 04:05 am

My Tweets Pepper shows the same statistics :P

Till
Posted on Feb 11, '08 at 05:26 am

I’ve released v100 of my Tweets Pepper. http://pepper.pralinenschachtel.de

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account