Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

iPhone Pepper on iPod Touch

Ronald Heft
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 14, '07 at 11:42 pm

Just a heads up, it looks like the iPhone Pepper does not work on the iPod touch. Are you detecting by user agent? If so, I can grab the touch’s user agent if you need it.

Ronald Heft
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 15, '07 at 09:20 pm

Yeah, it seems you are detecting by user agent. I just changed line 55 to the following:

$this->isiPhone = (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']) && ( strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'iPhone') || strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'iPod') ) !== false);

That will take care of the iPod touch. Thanks again for the Pepper.

Thanks a bunch! I can’t wait to dev for the iPod!

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 17, '07 at 04:54 pm

I’ll roll this into the next update.

FYI, Webkit.org has a nice iPhone/touch detection script: http://webkit.org/blog/119/webkit-detec … ipod-touch

Thanks for the tip. Looks great on the new Touch.

I love the iPhone pepper and it works great with my iPod Touch. I only see one problem. I like single-column view on my desktop and have the width set to 600px. But when I view my Mint (with iPhone Pepper) on my iPod Touch it keeps the width at 600px and I cannot zoom out I am forced to scroll side-to-side.

Can iPhone pepper be updated to ignore the single-column width entirely so that the width adapts to the screen like when single-column mode is turned off?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Nov 16, '07 at 10:21 am

I’ll see what I can do. Update: Done.

Thanks for the update it works perfectly.

Hi, I’ve never used this pepper before, so don’t know whether this is intentional. When accessing the web app from the homscreen of an iphone 4, the url bar at the top and status bar at the bottom are still present. The viewport however, is not scalable. I tried copying :

to line 105 of class.php, but didn’t do anything. Regards, Steven

MacManX
Minted
Posted on Jul 16, '10 at 06:13 pm

I’m not sure about making the viewport scaleable, but having the URL bar and status bar present are normal. What you’re describing as a “web app” is actually just a WebClip, which is nothing more than a bookmark that is added to the home screen, and its function is no different than a standard bookmark which loads Mint with a special iPhone/iPod-only layout.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account