Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Android Phone Users: Mint Home Screen Widget

starnix17
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Dec 23, '09 at 11:40 pm

Hey there,

I just released a widget that allows any Android phone to show traffic data from multiple Mint installations right on your home screen.

Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like: widget

You can tap on the widget itself and it switches from the total data, to the day, to the month, to the week, etc. Also if you tap on the Mint leaf it will open up your Mint installation in the browser.

If you plan on using the widget you need to install the MintDroid pepper ( http://bit.ly/mintdroidpepper ). This allows the widget to access your data and enables a mobile layout for the Android browser. (Even if you don’t want the widget this pepper makes Mint much nicer to browse using the Android browser).

Anyway, I have the widget up for a buck (curious to see if anyone will actually pay for it). Here’s a link to get it on the Android Market: http://bit.ly/mintdroid

And here’s a QR code that you can scan if you don’t want to type:

widget

Thanks for reading!

wow, i don’t have an android phone but that looks like a bitchin’ app. nice job..

xemino
Minted
Posted on Jan 25, '10 at 11:10 am

looks sleek! i don’t have an android phone (or any smartphone) yet, but it’s definitely on my wish list. i’ll buy when i get one.

Was happy to pay a buck for it…. but after setting it up, all I get is an Error notice, and no clickable links. Running Android 2.1 on the Motorola Droid.

Any advice is appreciated!

Never mind. It just took awhile to load the data (and I rebooted just in case). Thanks for the widget! :)

I’d love to pay a buck to get this going on my Nexus One but I don’t have access to the Android Market. Could I pay you through Paypal and you send me the APK file?

Thanks

starnix17
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on May 24, '10 at 11:02 pm

sustentator: Please email me tony [at] endlesswhileloop [dot] com

For everyone else, although I do check this thread from time to time, the best way to report an error or ask a question is by emailing me: tony [at] endlesswhileloop [dot] com

Thanks to everyone that has purchased this, I’m hoping to release a new updated version this summer with some more features.

Hey starnix, I just upgraded from my OG Droid to a Droid Razr. Was having some trouble with the market, so had to reinstall mintdroid…. but now the market says it’s incompatible with my RAZR. It wasn’t incompatible for the past several days. Any clue to how I can access it again? Love the widget, and don’t want to be without it! :)

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account