Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

"Allow everyone..." Option

jthart
Minted
Posted on Sep 27, '09 at 05:30 pm

While multiple users would be my ideal scenario, my question is much more simplistic:

If I enable everyone to view mint does it still require the email/password combo to make changes (that is, realistically, my main concern)? I would simply enable it and try, but I’d rather be cautious and just ask.

Or perhaps a better solution, is there any way to poll mint for a few basic stats (like the number of visitors as an example) and have that show up in an area of the Wordpress dahsboard much like the most popular posts plugin does?

Obviously I’m not a developer. My goal is just to provide easy access for other authors that contribute to my site to be able to view some feedback on what readers find most interesting much like I do.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 28, '09 at 09:53 am

Enabling “Allow anyone to view Mint” will allow anyone to view Mint but require the email/password combo to access the Preferences and make any changes to the Mint installation.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account