Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

SEO+MINT=$$$

Cloggin
Minted
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 09:16 pm

So I’m really green to search engine optimization, and greener to Mint. I’ve got various freelance and agency clients that drop ‘SEO’ as a buzz word, but don’t know what they want, and I don’t know how to offer anything to them (yet).

Here’s my thinking, I drop Mint on their server, track the stats for a week or so, and then gear towards the top search engines or whatnot, ppc campaigns and the like.

But where to get started? I now have the UberMint that’ll show me where traffic’s coming from, but how do I combind that with basic SEO (which I’m still unclear what it is) to keep the clients happy?

Any suggestions, or even a map to get me in the right direction? Thanks.

ramanan
Minted
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 11:53 pm

Produce worthwhile websites that people will want to visit and link to. That’s the trick to getting good page rank.

Peconi
Minted
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 12:31 am

I agree … Right now, the hottest searching keywords on-line are “Windows Vista”.

I swear, I’ve never seen a site kick off so quickly with over 200 visitors in it’s first day of existence than I saw today on my VistaJuice.com site …

I guess the whole world is searching for exactly those keywords ;)

Nice way to get traffic is as ramanan said - make a worthwhile website - and second thing is - promote it… Connect it to Digg.com, Del.icio.us, Technorati, etc …

All best, Petar

Cloggin
Minted
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 02:46 pm

So in essence, the kind of thing that’d help traffic would be like a press release of some kind that yourdomain.com has launched.

What about the big guys like Forbes, CNN, etc - are they as worthwhile? Seems more a prestige thing than an actual linkage thing. Digg, del.icio.us, technorati I’ve got my blog traffic coming from - where should I start looking for additional traffic-feeders like that? Maybe flickr?

ramanan
Minted
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 03:01 pm

I’m sure if you spam flickr you’ll get lots more hits. People love adverts on community web sites.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account